Thursday, 6 August 2009

I Love...

A poem for J who is loved more than strawberry milk, sleepy cuddles, happy meals and everything else in the world put together.


I Love...

Those extra minutes spent in bed,
The way you sometimes rub my head,
The sound of wind through autumn leaves,
The eagerness with which you please,
Bubbles, ice cream and childish fun,
The way your eyes shine in the sun.

The moments of laughter through all the tears,
How you promise to conquer all my fears,
The times your there when the world is tough,
How your always gentle and never rough,
This is why I love you.

The now clean room that was a muddle,
The fact your happy to sit and cuddle,
The starry sky on a cloudless night,
The way you hold me safe and tight,
Cheeseburgers, milkshakes and duvet days,
The way you show you care in so many ways,

The moments of laughter through all the tears,
How you promise to conquer all my fears,
The times your there when the world is tough,
How your always gentle and never rough,
This is why I love you.

With all my heart,
This is why I love you.

1 comment: