Monday, 5 October 2009

Teaser Tuesday... almost

I've decided that I want to spend some more time writing before I pick out more teasers, that way I wont end up putting the whole thing up here. Thus I have decided that, with the help of this* over the next 7 weeks I'll be posting M6's answers to these questions. And after that I may go back to posting teasers, I may just keep introducing you to other aspects of her character. I'm not sure, we'll just have to wait and see.

So, for today we have Part 1: The basics. (It is worth noting that it is M6 at the start of her journey that answers these. At the end the answers would be different)



1. What is your full name?
I was born Ashia Lore but am now referred to as 'Dirt' or M6.


2.Where and when were you born?
I was born in my parents bedroom, as is custom, right on the blue moon of summer 17 years ago.


3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Mam is Suffi Lore, she is a teacher but she is not strict. She used to give me lots of cuddles. Father is a business man, I can not remember what he did really, he did yell a bit though, especially when we were visiting places and I would go off on my own.



4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
I was an only child, there may be more now though.


5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I live with the Ravens as a slave. I live in The Nest with the other slaves. I share sleeping quarters with the other 25 medical slaves. We were 14 girls and 11 boys... there are less of us now. The Nest is exactly like the stories, a big stone building almost impossible to get in or out of without being caught. It's like a bigger version of the rich houses in Port Ambrose.


6. What is your occupation?
I am a trained medical slave.

7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
Like most slaves, I am thin built. I wear standard slave uniform; a black, knee-length shirt with an open back held together by the standard 3 criss-cross straps. Under this I wear black many-pockets. We are not allowed to wear shoes but I do have a pair of soles for when the snows come. On the back of my right shoulder I have been branded with the Raven symbol so all may known who trained me. My black hair was shaved off when I was first captured but has since grown back into a rough, wild looking style similar to all slaves. I am grateful to have the storm grey eyes of my father, I only hope they give me the strength he has.


8. To which social class do you belong?
I am a slave.


9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
No allergies I am aware of, or diseases but like all slaves I am not as healthy as a free soul due to lack of proper nourishment.


10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right handed, I was not born blessed.


11. What does your voice sound like?
My voice has to be strong, even after being punished. Or I would face further punishment.


12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
'Yes sir.' or 'Yes Officer'


13. What do you have in your pockets?
My uniform does not have pockets.


14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

Like all slaves, I have been trained not to use contractions in my speech. I have been known to think out loud, it is a habit I wish I did not have.





*Thanks to Race for the link

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I was hoping for a teaser! :P I like what you've done with the questions, though. Makes it easier to understand your characters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Like all slaves, I have been trained not to use contractions in my speech. I have been known to think out loud, it is a habit I wish I did not have."

    hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the questions and answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post instead of a teaser. Look forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Becca, if you want to read more that badly PM me and you can have the first 2 chapters.

    Glad you're all enjoying this. It did feel like cheating.

    ReplyDelete