Friday, 16 October 2009

The Writing Madness of November

A.k.a 'Why I wont be around much' or 'I've gone insane'

Months ago I signed up for 2 short writing courses, both 12 weeks long and Internet based and happening at the exact same time. One of these is an essay writing course, the other is a fiction writing course, both look to be lots of fun but lots of hard work (the essays for these are almost twice as long as the essays for the previous course).

Then I did another silly thing, I signed up for NaNoWriMo. My Name is Fiona and I'm a glutton for punishment.

I worked it out, and if I write about 2500 for NaNo each day, plus study notes, plus study conference posts, plus study activities, plus emails, plus forum posts to places, plus facebook statuses, plus blog posts... we're looking at a daily output on the far side of 5,000. Now I know that doesn't seem much, but every day, for 30 days, when I currently struggle to churn out 500 useful words a day?

So if you don't see me around, or I fail to respond to your teaser or even post one myself. Fear not, it is simply that I have gone insane under the stress. This includes the run up to November as I have a lot of prep to do for the courses and NaNo so that things go as smoothly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment