Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Announcements!

The video for this post is here.

First of all I want to wish Rachel Mercaldo well and hope she's enjoying settling into college life. Rachel's agent put her out on sub last week and within two days Rachel was rejected. Which sucks but at least it's happened now and she is a bit more prepared for it in the future. I have promised that if she makes it to 10 rejections before she comes over to visit in October then I'll buy her a new book, though I think she'll b picked up before she gets to 10 rejection.

In other news NaNoWriMo is slowly approaching. National Novel Writing Month take place every November and it's a cruel and and unusual form of punishment that writers willingly participate in. the basic idea is that you write 50,000 words in 30 days. I have 3 ideas about what to do this year and I thought I'd open it up to let my wonderful readers help me make the decision. It's worth bearing in mind that I get married a the end of October so I'm on my honeymoon for the first 2 weeks of November I should be able to still get writing done but obviously other things will take priority, like moving house.

So my ideas are:
  1. Ignore it completely
  2. Finish the project I started last year since I only did about 2 weeks worth last year this might work out quite well.
  3. Work really hard on planning The List from now until then and use NaNoWriMo to write the first draft of that.
Let me know what your thinking in the comments below and if you have any requests for future blog posts / videos leave them as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go for #3, just because starting a new project can often be more motivating than working on an old one.

    ReplyDelete