Tuesday, 17 August 2010

I've been talking to an agent

When J phoned me tonight and asked if I had done anything exciting today my immediate response was, "Yes, I've been talking to an agent, a real agent, and important book agent." He was rather impressed and excited, probably by my fan-girl squees.

And then I came clean.

Yes, I have been talking to a real life important book agent, her name is Natalie Fischer (she blogs here) and she is the agent-most-awesome of Rachel Mercaldo (she blogs here) but she is not my agent. Nor does she have any plans to become my agent. Yes we spoke, well, okay, we tweeted a few times, but not related to my writing at all.
I was trying to convince her that a certain query writing contest was a good idea. I don't think it worked.

Still, it's the first time an agent has ever noticed my existence (that I know of) so I'm going to say my squees were justified.

2 comments:

  1. Haha this is a fantastic way to get me to check out your blog too; of COURSE I'm going to see what you had to say about me, and you happen to have a description of your current WIP...brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all part of my brilliant plan . Or, you know, I never actually thought you'd respond and have just been playing it to see what I could get away with.

    Maybe I should put this much effort into actually writing the WIP.

    ReplyDelete