Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Yes, okay, I vanished again.

I spent a long weekend in a farm hotel with my fiance and no internet access. It was bliss.

It also meant no Friday post, no Friday video, and no Monday book reviews. Sorry.
I'm hopefully going to be moving the videos to a Wednesday because then I might have more lucky at getting them done every week.

I did manage to visit the library on Friday before we left and gathered another pile of books. Of course first I had to present them with a bank statement, a credit card bill, my passport and my drivers license to prove I was who I said I was and I lived within the area, so yes I could be trusted with a library card (despite the obvious fact that I was asking for a replacement because I lost the last one). So here is the list of what I now have sitting beside my desk;


Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Diary of a Wimpy Vampire (because the undead have feelings too) by Tim Collins
Paper Towns by John Green (SQUEE!)
Sugarcoated by Catherine Forde
All We Know of Love by Nora Raleigh Baskin
Immortal by Gillian Shields
A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl by Tanya Lee Stone

I'm currently reading Paper Towns as it's been on my want list for at least a year and I was so very excited to see it sitting there on the library shelf. I checked the system and it only arrived at the end of April and was taken out straight away, probably took the usual week or so to go back through the system and then I found it. I refuse to comment on wither or not I actually squeed in the library.
Thirteen Reasons why is also on my want list so I'll probably leave that till list but any suggestions on what order to read the rest in would be gratefully received. You should hopefully get the first reviews from this pile on Monday as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good reading list. The only one I've read is Paper Towns, and honestly I didn't like it that much, but I think I'm probably the only person on the planet to say that. have a good time with them though!

    ReplyDelete