Thursday, 23 December 2010

This Star Won't Go Out

Today in the mail I got to bright green silicone wrist bands, each printed with the words "This Star Won't Go Out". I've put them at the top of our Christmas tree where most people put a fairy or a star.

"This Star Won't Go Out" refers to a foundation set up by parent's of Esther Earl, a 16 year old who lost her 4 year battle with thyroid cancer in August this year. This year, as I'm preparing for my first Christmas with my in-laws, Esther's family and friend's are preaping for thier first Christmas without her and so I would like to take a few moments to introduce you to Esther.

I never knew Esther; I knew of her, I knew of her reputation, but I didn't know her personally. And yet, she is still a huge inspiration to me.

I tried writing more after this but failed so here is a selection of videos and links:

Esther's YouTube
Something Esther inspired
John Green announcing her death.
Esther tribute 1
Esther tribute 2
Esther tribute 3
P4A "This Star Won't Go Out"
This Star Won't Go Out Foundation web site

Normal blogs and hopefully videos will resume after New Year

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the links. Esther was a strong woman, and I wonder how many woman today would be just as strong under the circumstances. Have a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete